The goals of the Yale Club of Washington, D.C. are:
- To promote the welfare of Yale University, to spread its influence, and to uphold its tradition of service in private and governmental spheres of activity.
- To bring a knowledge of Yale to potential college students in the Washington metropolitan area, to foster a desire in them to attend Yale, to assist the University in selecting those to be admitted from this area, and to assist deserving students by providing a financial scholarship program.
- To provide Yale Alumni in the Washington metropolitan area with a variety of educational, recreational, and cultural programs and to provide opportunities to meet together to reconnect and to participate in carrying out the purposes and objectives of the Club.
- To provide opportunities through the Club’s social services offerings for Alumni to serve those in need in the Washington metropolitan area.
- To promote closer liaison between Yale University and its students and graduates with the Federal Government.